MADE COVER Terms & Conditions
The Maintenance Plan
- The Plan is designed to be a guarantee between Made Cover PTY LTD and the customer. For the purpose of taking care of the item placed under the Cover.
- All work will be completed by AURUPT PTY LTD as per contract terms.
Australian Consumer Law
- This Contract does not void or replace rights that you would have under Australian Consumer Law.
Items able to be covered
- Items made of precious metals and precious metal alloys of 9ct or higher that are designed to be worn.
- Jewellery Items: Rings, earrings, necklaces, pendants, chains etc.
Items unable to be covered
- Items with artistic or historical value.
- Pearls, organic material, leather, ornately engraved items, ashes or photographs.
Limit of Liability
- Our accepted liability is capped at 125% of the Member's Price as outlined in the offer.
- Made Cover offers no guarantee that external brand names are taken into consideration when establishing the Plan. All work, replacement or remake of items will be undertaken by AURUPT PTY LTD.
- Differences in Manufacturing technique, minor differences in detail, markings and measurements may occur between the original item and a replacement.
- Made Cover PTY LTD has a commercial contract of service with AURUPT PTY LTD.
- Pay Advantage Australia PTY LTD is our payment processing partner.
Transference of Plan
- The Plan is able to be transferred to a new owner for a fee of $25.
- The Plan is able to be transferred with the Item. We must be notified by the existing owner of the transfer within 5 business days.
Rejection of works under the plan
- Where we deem damage to the item to have been caused intentionally or through willful destruction, we reserve the right to refuse to repair or replacement.
- The assessment by our manufacturing team will be considered as the best professional advice for the purposes of repair or manufacturing advice.
Alterations by Request
- Alterations to an item that would change the description on the Retail Replacement Valuation are considered to be outside of the coverage of this Plan. This would include, for example, but not limited to, chain lengthening, added features, engraving, adding stones to previously unset areas of the item, changing stone sizes, colour or shape, resizing, re-shanking, alterations to height, width, weight etc.
- These types of alterations will be quoted as new work to be undertaken.
- We reserve the right to reassess the Plan and update the details and cost of the plan once the alteration is completed.
- Joining multiple pieces of Jewellery together will cause a reassessment of the Plan.
- Pieces that are damaged prior to a plan being put in place, will be quoted for repair or replacement in order to meet the condition standards to be covered by the plan. The quotes may be offered at a discounted rate upon signup to a plan.
- Our polishing and refinishing of the items are offered to periodically restore the appearance and to maintain the ring. It is not a guarantee that the polish will not scratch, or the item will not become damaged through wearing the item.
- The Plan covers general polishing, refinishing where textured, Rhodium Plating where required as well as cleaning.
- We do not guarantee the repair of a specific stone, due to their nature, stones themselves are not repairable. They will be replaced with stones of equal or better quality.
- The Plan covers the replacement of White Diamonds and Semi-precious stones that fall out, that are lost as a result of accidental damage or break in the piece.
- Fancy coloured stones such as, but not exclusively Pink Diamonds, are only covered if specifically written in the offer and are signed by a Made Cover representative.
- Stone tightening and the re-setting of recovered stones are covered.
Other Common Repairs
- Claw replacement and retips of claws are covered.
- Chain Repairs are covered.
- If an item is extensively damaged or worn, and at the best professional advice offered by the Jeweller, we may enact this clause to completely, or in part, replace, remake, in whole or in part, the item covered under the Plan.
- The Item will be replaced to new condition, fixing the issue that caused the replacement to occur and using the best advice of our Jeweller.
- Differences in appearance may occur due to the piece no longer being worn or from being fabricated using a manufacturing process not used by the original manufacturer.
- We will at our discretion reuse or otherwise retain the metal and gemstones from the scrapped item.
Loss and Theft
- Made Cover specifically does not offer insurance. We are sympathetic to this type of event and will make every effort to assist in the replacement of the item at a discounted Member’s Price as outlined in the Plan offer.
Transference of Plan
- The Plan able to be transferred to a new owner for a fee of $25.
Cancellation of the Plan
- You are free to cancel your Plan whenever you like. To do this you must simply notify us in writing that you wish to cancel the coverage.
- Cancellations will be confirmed in writing.
- Any payment made or scheduled to be paid prior to the cancellation being confirmed in writing may be processed as a course of automation. Any overpayment made for a Plan that is no longer in effect will be resolved in good faith.
- Made Cover Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse service or cancel a plan at any time. Notice to cancel will be given in writing.
Start of Coverage and Expiry
- Coverage starts from the date signed.
- The Plan will continue until cancelled.
- Maintenance plans will be periodically revaluated. We reserve the right to reissue the Retail Replacement Quote and members price every 12 months. If this changes the cost associated with the Plan, a reissuance of the paperwork and update to the contract will be presented for the purpose of updating the Plan.
- Minimum of 1 visit per year required.
- 2 dedicated visits per year for full service.
- Unlimited visits per year for check-ups, ultrasonic cleans and repairs of damage.
This is a legal and binding contract for both parties as it relates to the product described as Made Cover Jewellery Maintenance Plan, herein referred to as the "Plan". By purchasing you understand that it is a contract and that you have read and understand the terms of the product.
Fixed Replacement Discounts
- $0 – $5,000 value = $100 per item
- $5,001 – $10,000 value = $500 per item
- $10,001 + value = $1000 per item
NOTE: This is not a contract of insurance.